We heard about a chocolate festival in Old Town Fairfax and decided to check it out. They had family activities and of course some chocolate tasting....I was sold.
First stop was to the firehouse where the Key Club was doing face painting. Eliza was terrified and didn't want to do it. So we started to leave. But she was so sad and told us she did want to have her face painted. So we went back and she bravely sat down to have a dinosaur (her choice) painted on her cheek. We were really proud of her overcoming her fear. She is sometimes very shy and reserved. Doing new things makes her uncomfortable. She has to see things done before and know what is expected before she feels ready to do them herself. I need to remember this. It helps when we talk about it before she gets thrown into new environments.
Then we went and got some chocolate. We had fun picking out a few pieces. I was slightly dissapointed in Eliza's choice of white chocolate. Wow, I even had a hard time typing that. White chocolate is not a real thing. IT IS NOT CHOCOLATE. Oh, it might be made out of cocoa butter but that is like saying vegetable oil is the same thing as a green bean. Do you hear me? I don't like white chocolate because it IS NOT CHOCOLATE.
Ok, enough of that rant....
We had fun and the best part was eating chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment