So I have not had much time to catch up on what we have been up to. So here are a few photos and things we have been doing around Eliza's birthday, preschool, and our (now) annual 12 days of Christmas Activities.
Mommy and Eliza raked the leaves. Our neighbor let Eliza use a tiny rake to help. When I asked her if I could take a picture, this is what I got. Silly girl.
I hosted my first preschool a couple of weeks ago. Eliza goes twice a week and it was my turn to be teacher. This week was all focused on Christmas and we did a pageant. All the girls wanted to be Mary, so I let them. I thought they looked super cute. The first picture is from the "dress rehearsal" and the second is from the actual performance, which none of the kids were interested in doing. All the parents and my neighbor came to watch. It was pretty funny.
We had the pleasure of having some house guests this month. It was so nice. No, nice doesn't do it justice. It was right. It felt like home again to have us all reunited (we missed Jeff). It didn't feel like a year had passed, it was just all of the gang getting together again on a weekend to play games like we do every weekend. Which made it so much harder to say goodbye again. Miss you guys.
This is on Eliza's birthday. We went to Cheesecake Factory and they brought her some ice-cream. Yum.
We decided to have a real tree this year. Here we are picking it out. We let Eliza pick it out. She seemed to have fun and once we were able to stop her from running through the trees and focus, we found a beautiful tree. She was so excited to see it put on our car and then come into our house.
Eliza has not stopped playing with the nativity sets we have. She keeps rearranging them and mixing all the parts from one with the others. We finally had to move the one set we have from Guatemala after the angel lost her wings. Eliza said "shasha, mama, shasha" which is "sorry". I said it was ok, but she couldn't play with that one any more. We've been telling her the Nativity each night before bed. She makes all the wisemen go to the baby and give him the gifts. It's pretty cute.
We have kept the tradition of the giant gingerbread man. Mainly because when Eliza saw it at Trader Joes she got really excited. She had fun telling us where to put the frosting so she could put the candy on it.
We went to see the lights at Bull Run again. This time there was a little carnival that was open and Eliza really wanted to ride the dragon. She had to go by herself and even though she was obviously scared, she pushed past her fear and got on. I love watching her personality. This is something both Nicholas and I have noticed. When she wants something, even if it scares her, nothing will get in her way. And when she doesn't want something, there is no changing her mind.
Then we made Christmas cookies. Eliza loved helping me put in the flour and when I showed her that she could leave a mark with flour on my face we had a little flour war. SO CUTE!
Time to frost the 140 Santa Claus Cookies! Eliza only helped with about 5 of them before we put her to bed and stayed up finishing all the others.
Here is the first Santa Cookie of the year! It makes it feel like Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment