Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Dress for Z

This has been by far the hardest dress to make for Eliza.  I really wanted to make a summery dress with a curved yoke but I never saw a pattern I liked so I thought, how hard could it be?  Well, very hard actually!  I made the yoke too big to begin with so you can see in the picture it is pinned on Eliza to try to size it.  So then I had to cut it smaller which bummed me out.  I also made the arm pits too big but that was a pretty easy fix.  The pictures of Eliza wearing the dress are all before I actually finished it.  She was asleep by the time I finished the dress and I wanted to post this before my week gets too busy.

She is so beautiful.  I love this picture of her!

It needs to be ironed.

My little Cinderella.  Look at the little tan lines on her feet. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the little flower. I made a dress with a curved yoke for Claire. I couldn't figure out how to get the yoke on so it sat on my sewing table for around 5 months. When I finally figured it out she only got to wear it once before the dress was too small. Bummer. Darn curved yokes! Eliza's dress is super cute and summery.

    ReplyDelete