Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Temper Tantrums

I think Eliza's "Terrible Twos" are starting a little early. She has quite the little fiery temper which makes Nicholas and I laugh. The other night right before bed (hence the messy hair) I caught a few of her fits on camera. She wanted the camera, I was using it and don't usually let her play with it, but that just really upset her. Where do these little ones learn to throw themselves on the ground? Unbelievable. Luckily it hasn't happened too much in public. But I guarantee it will.

But on the other hand, although she might be starting to show her will a little more through her fits she is also showing a lot of personality in other ways that make us fall in love with her even more. Like when she tried to drag her fire truck up the stairs. She got pretty far. Or how she tries to walk down the stairs like a grown up. She has ended up at the bottom of them a little quicker that way! Or the way Nicholas taught her to drink from a water fountain and she kept trying to press the button but also put the same hand in the water and couldn't figure out why it kept shutting off. Or the way she brings us books to read her, or how she has started to give us loves, or how she loves to eat beef jerky (thanks to dad!), or everytime you start the sentence "do you want..." whatever follows that she immediately says "mmm" as in "yes" because she knows she is about to get something. Or so many other little things that crack us up daily.

So I say bring on the Terrible Twos, I'm looking forward to the challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment