Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What does an Elephant say? and other random moments

Basically this next set of pictures just shows off Eliza's complete cuteness! She is so full of personality! One of Nicholas and my favorite things to watch her do currently is what we call the "Gob Gob" show. She will start babbling with very animated gestures and it sounds like she says "Gob gob gob, gob." We love it!

Here is our genious child who already knows how to use chop sticks! She really was trying to pick things up with them! Of course she also knows she is not supposed to climb on the table, but I let her stay so I could get a picture.

Sunday morning as I was getting Eliza dressed and had just finished putting her dress on (which I just finished sewing last week and LOVE what I made her!), Eliza jumped up and ran to the closet and grabbed her giraffe shoes and tried to put them on. So I helped her and took a picture. I was tempted to let her go to church like that, but my sense of decorum took over and she wore her cute white saddle shoes instead. Ah, well.

Ravioli night.


She is too smart. She loves potato chips and could see that the bag was on the counter. So she pushed her little fire engine over to the counter, stood on it, grabbed the bag, and helped herself. The little stinker. Just look at her face. She knows she is not supposed to be eating chips.


I really have no explanation for these next pictures. Eliza was really wired this day. She was full of frenetic energy. She kept climbing in and out of the laundry basket and Nicholas and I kept pushing it around with her either in it, or under it. She loved every minute and was upset when we had enough of the game.






Eliza has not started using words so I starting trying to "show" her what animals say. For example, an elephant raises it's trunk and makes a noise, so I taught Eliza to raise her hand. It only took a couple of times for Eliza to figure out that sign. For a couple of days she would raise her arm every time you asked what an elephant said. Then she started to put the sound to it. I think it is one of the funniest things she does. However, now she thinks that is the sound that all animals make, not just elephants. When we see any other animal she starts raising her hand and making her little noise. I also tried to teach her what monkeys say by scratching their armpits. She doesn't do that one as well, but she tries. Here is a cute video:

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl is getting so big! I love the lemon dress you made her. It is super-cute. Especially with the giraffe shoes, which I also love.
    As far as animals go: I loved the armpit scratching. Good job mom. Also, I have an awesome CD of animal songs. I listen to it myself even when the girls are not around. I will send one to you! Kisses to Eliza.

    ReplyDelete