We went camping for the first time with Eliza. We had a lot of fun. Nicholas set up the tent while Eliza tried out her new chair.
She moved it around until she found the perfect spot. Actually, she just kept moving it around.
Nicholas taught Eliza how to balance. He said that if she becomes a gymnist someday it is all due to his teaching skills!
Look at the concentration!
By that time Eliza was fast asleep and Nicholas and I enjoyed sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows. Eliza slept pretty well. As soon as we came into the tent she snuggled up next to us. It was wonderful to be all safe and cuddled up as a family.
She was pretty sleepy still in the morning. Big yawn!
But she cheered up and was ready to help us pack up and go home.
I love the look on her face in this picture!
Eliza ran off all the time and we had to keep playing hide and seek. I wish my camera would have focused better on this picture, but it is cute nonetheless.
Then Eliza climbed into the car when we were packing up. Which was helpful. I just closed the door while we took down the tent and didn't have to worry about her. She climbed into the drivers seat (of course) and pretended to drive. She loves to copy everything she sees us do.
I don't know where she learned this! (that is our cell phone!) No talking while driving!
We got home pretty early and I made breakfast at home. It tasted better that way. But for our first camping trip it was a success and we hope to go again soon!
Next time we need to go camping together. Yeah...and you were right. Your dinner really was burnt. :(
ReplyDelete