Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Empey Visit DC

When Eliza and I got home from Utah, Grandma and Grandpa Empey were here in DC!  Eliza was excited to see her grandparents.  We kept busy every day going and seeing the sights.  I think we were all worn out every day, but we sure had fun.

These pictures are not in order, and to tell the truth, I can't really remember all the places we were or what the context is on some of them...but the pictures are cute!


I think this was at the National Geographic Center where we went to see an exhibit on the Etruscans.


 Our little explorer girl!

Eliza learned a few new tricks from Grandma, like bathing in the sink, which she has repeated on her own now a couple of times.  Thanks, Grandma! 

Grandma treated Eliza to a train and carausol ride one afternoon.  Eliza was pretty spoiled every day. 

Here is Eliza with her new umbrella Grandma bought her. 

We got to celebrate Father's Day while Grandpa was here.  Eliza was excited to "help" open all the presents. 


Grandma fixed Stinky Lambs thread-bare nose at the request of Eliza.  It has had two little threads sticking out from the time she started chewing on it.  I thought it was cute and had left it, thinking that was how Eliza wanted it but when Grandma asked if she should fix it Eliza said "yes" and took it over to Grandma to have Stinky fixed.  Cute! 

National Arboretum. 


I can't remember the name of these Gardens, but it was beautiful.  All the lily pads are in bloom.  We went last year right before they bloomed and it wasn't nearly as beautiful.  



Nicholas, Lissa, and Tom took advantage of Eliza and I being away and drove up to Gettysburg.  They had a great time and really enjoyed learning more of the history of the war.


Feeding the fish at the Arboretum 

Eliza got an ice cream from Grandma.



Eliza the artist, painting Grandpa's toes. 

Eliza thought it was fun to give Grandpa a drink from her straw.  She kept going back and forth sticking it in her water and giving it to him.  Thanks for sharing, Z! 

We also drove to Annapolis for a day and got to go on a boat ride.  Eliza had fun but was done after a few minutes.   


The captain let all the kids drive the boat.  Eliza was the last to get to do it and was just sure he was overlooking her.  But when she was finally picked to do it, she loved it.


All tuckered out in Annapolis.  We were all eating ice cream and Eliza wandered off to sit here (I'm pretty sure so that Grandpa would take her picture).  You can see the chocolate marks on her legs from the ice cream. 

Eliza and Dad at Fort Washington. 

Z playing on the cannon with Grandpa. 


Mt. Vernon with Grandma and Grandpa and Washington's mule. ;) 

Fun trip.  I am sure Eliza is wondering where her fan club has gone.  After being in Utah and getting spoiled then having the Empey's here, she is back to only mom and dad for attention.  Poor kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment