Thursday, July 21, 2011

Missing Moments

Summer is so crazy for us I feel like I am missing out on moments of Eliza's life.  I love Girls Camp, but it takes so much of my time.  Poor Eliza, she only gets half a mom during the summer.  I hope the effects won't be long lasting since I have had to have her watch a lot of tv, play by herself, go on crazy errands, miss naps, and finally...I have to leave her yet again for a week.  I only pray that when she is a teenager and goes to camp she will have a leader that does for her what I am trying to do for "my" girls at camp.  I love them and know that Girls Camp is where I first felt the love my Heavenly Father has for me as an individual and I want to give that back to the young women here.  But I am glad it is my last year for a while.  I want to have a summer!

I have tried to take Eliza somewhere fun a couple times each week.  We have gone to the new splash park, we go swimming in our pool, I have introduced her to ice cream cones and milk shakes which she loves!  On Saturdays Nicholas and I try to get out of the house and have some family time. 

Here are a few pictures of some of those moments.


After the splash park we got an ice cream cone.  She was really sleepy but really liked her ice cream. 






"Why are you making me stand in a mouth?" (We love her "stink face")

I'm looking forward to Disneyland at the end of this month!  And to be a real mom again in August!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I love that little stink face! I can't believe how big and beautiful Z is getting. I miss listening to Sean read books to her, and kissing her cheeks just before Nick would take her up to bed. I'm so grateful you have this space. It's nice to be able to come here and see you three whenever I'm feelng homesick for our Mpempys (which is like all the time) :) Good luck with girls camp!!! I'm sure you'll feel a thousand pounds lighter when you're back ... which will be good, so you can fill up on more ice cream cones!

    ReplyDelete