Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Time Out for Doughnuts

The other day Eliza and I found ourselves with a bit of time before her Pre-school started.   We had just dropped Dad off at the Train Station.  I think Eliza was feeling a bit sad since we had already dropped Grandpa off at the train a few days before and Grandma had flown away too (everytime she sees an airplane now she says "Nana?"  I say "yes, Nana flew away on a plane".  She says "Dogs?"  I say, "Yes, she had to go home to see her dogs."  She says "Back?"  I say "Yes, Nana and Papa will come back.")

 We just happened to be driving next to a Krispy Kreme store so I thought she and I should take a little time out for doughnuts.  She loved watching the doughnuts get made and then was very excited about the sprinkled doughnuts.  But she ate both my chocolate doughnuts with an impish grin that made me happy to share with her! (It was a bit of a rushed morning, don't judge her hairdo!)

And while Krispy Kreme has it's place in the world of doughnuts, I can't wait to introduce her to chocolate chocolate doughnuts from Dunford.  How I miss the days of the "cripples" from the Salt Lake Doughnut Company.  (I know, really PC of them to call the not perfect doughnuts cripples.)


Going back for my second doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment