But I am getting ahead of myself. Let's start with Saturday and the most exciting part of the weekend - a new bike for Eliza! We decided on a balance bike after seeing her unable to push herself on a pedal bike with training wheels. It's the cool thing to do now so we are trying to be trendy. Supposedly it is a more natural way to learn to ride a bike. And so far Eliza loves it.
Here she is in the parking lot after we bought it. She really wanted to ride it all the way to the car but half way there she stopped and told us it was too far. But she pushed herself and made it all the way. I have been really impressed with her on the bike. Normally if something is hard she gets really frustrated and most of the time gives up or asks for help (meaning we have to finish it). But with this she has been extremely determined. I have loved watching this part of her personality. I find myself falling in love with her all over again.
This helmet doesn't fit. But look at her rosy cheeks!
So that was Saturday. Oh, and Saturday evening Nicholas and I went on a really great date. We ate at Legal Sea Foods in China Town (the halibut was amazing) and then we went to the Shakespeare Theatre and watched "The Servant of Two Masters". This is the second production we have seen here, neither of which has been written by Shakespeare! It was fantastic! We had a great evening.
Then it was Sunday - busy as usual. Here is Eliza ready for Church. She gathered up the things she wanted. I was tempted to let her take them all to Church but it really wasn't very reverent...something we are really trying to work on at Church!
Then Monday we went to Dinosaur Land. We thought it was going to be a little different than it was but it was...run down. Eliza seemed to have fun and worked up quite the appetite. So then we had to find a place to eat in the nearby towns. The towns were all really small. And all closed up for Memorial Day!
Had to get a picture next to daddy's favorite dinosaur.
Eliza dresssed up this dinosaur with her glasses.
King Kong...you know, one of the more exotic dinosaurs!
As we looked for a place to eat we let Eliza get some practice in on her new bike. She rode it the entire way. She loved it.
And I fear we have a dare devil on our hands. She asked to ride it up here and of course Nick let her...with some help.
We finally found a little Italian place that was open. Eliza was thrilled because they had olives and cheese for her pizza.
Then we headed home (and took the brief detour to the sad zoo full of animals in tiny cages).













Whoa what a weekend! Dinosaur land looks totally creepy, and that picture of King Kong KILLS me! Um.. there was a dinosaur IN that movie I think? Totally counts :)
ReplyDelete